On Mad Money, Jim Cramer discusses possible anti-competitive mergers that could pass regulatory mustard now, but may not in the future with a White House administration change. Cramer said we may see a rush of deals ahead of the change.
10. Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) and Safeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) could merge
9. Quest Diagnostics Inc. (NYSE: DGX) and Laboratory Corp. (NYSE: LH) could merge
8. Carnival Corp. (NYSE: CCL) and Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL) could merge
7. Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE: ODP) and OfficeMax Inc. (NYSE: OMX) could merge
6. Cardinal Health Inc. (NYSE: CAH) and McKesson Corp. (NYSE: MCK) could merge
5. BP plc (NYSE: BP) and Chevron Corp. (NYSE: CVX) could merge
4. Lockheed Martin Corp. (NYSE: LMT) and Northrop Grumman Corp. (NYSE: NOC) could merge
3. Comcast Corp. (Nasdaq: CMCSA) and Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWX), (NYSE: TWC) could merge
2. Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) and McClatchy Co. (NYSE: MNI) could merge
1. Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp. (NYSE: BNI) and Union Pacific Corp. (NYSE: UNP) could merge or Norfolk Southern Corp. (NYSE: NSC) and CSX Corp. (NYSE: CSX) could merge.